This Middle Eastern inspired zucchini is great for adding some flair to your dinner and is great served with chicken!
I’ve been feeling really bored with my food lately, so I went on a buying spree for a bunch of spices and seasoning blends to, uh literally, spice things up. Adding spices can really change up our every day foods.
Za’atar, Zatar, Zahtar???
With the order of spices from Penzey’s, I decided to try Za’atar seasoning. I’ve also seen it spelled Zahtar and Zatar. It is a Middle Eastern spice blend made with sumac, thymes, sesame seeds and salt. Za’atar is quite flavorful, and is often used as a sprinkle on top of cooked food. I have also used to for baked chicken breasts and now on air fried zucchini.
These air fried za’atar zucchini bites are really tasty. They are a bit crispy around the edges and have a soft zucchini texture in the middle, the middle part is almost creamy. It’s that good.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
I have made zucchini in the air fryer before, like this Parmesan Crusted Air Fried Zuccini. I have the basket style air fryer that is kind of shaped like an egg. While it does the job it’s supposed to do, I’m hoping to upgrade to an oven style one in the near future. It has more options, like a rotisserie and trays so you can cook more zucchini chips and chicken wings at a time.
Honestly, the preparation and cooking of the zucchini is so easy. Toss all the ingredients together, lay them out in the air fryer basket (I always use a liner in my air fryer) and cook at 400F for 20 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, you have to take the zucchini out and flip it over. Pretty simple!
While the zucchini is air frying, you can make a delicious sauce to dip them in, if you’d like. I made a super simple one with Greek yogurt, lemon juice and green onions, but my favorite dill sauce would be great as well!
Other Recipes You Will Love…
- Savory Keto Chicken, Zucchini and Cheese Waffles
- Cheesy Zucchini Chicken Casserole
- Keto White Cheddar Meatballs
- Keto Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
- 1 pound fresh zucchini
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon Za'atar blend seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Avocado oil spray (optional)
- 1/4 cup 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- Sprinkle of black pepper
- Slice zucchini into 1/2 inch slices.
- Toss with avocado oil to evenly coat the zucchini slices.
- Combine Za'atar seasoning, garlic and salt, and toss with zucchini to coat both sides of each slice.
- Place zucchini into air fryer basket, in a single layer and cook at 400F for 20 minutes, flipping the zucchini at the 10 minute mark. If the zucchini looks a little dry, give it a spray of avocado oil and continue cooking.x
- While zucchini is cooking, mix together the ingredients for the yogurt sauce, and set aside.
- Serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- GoWISE USA 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer with Recipe Book, 7.0-Qt, Black
- 100pcs Air Fryer Liners, Vancens 9 inch Bamboo Steamer Liners, Premium Perforated Parchment Paper Sheets
- Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt - Pure Flake Finishing Salt for Seasoning, Brining, Baking, and more
- Organic Zucchini Squash, 1.5 lb
- Za'atar By Penzeys Spices 1.7 oz 1/2 cup jar
- FAGE TOTAL, 0% Plain Greek Yogurt, 35.3 oz
- Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil Spray 6 oz.
- La Tourangelle, Avocado Oil, 16.9 fl oz
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 560mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information provided for recipes is a courtesy to my readers. I do my best to be as accurate as possible, but you should do your own nutrition information calculations. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.