This fried parmesan zucchini recipe is so tasty and is fun to make in the air fryer. Make these low carb fried parmesan zucchini bites today!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
I’ve been wanting an air fryer for a while now, but I kept putting it off because of space. I have a relatively small house, and although we plan on finding something larger eventually, I have to deal with limited space for now. It’s really no big deal, except it gets challenging to find storage for all my fun large kitchen gadgets. So I have an Instant Pot, roaster oven, stand mixer and now an air fryer. Oh and a juicer. I haven’t used the juicer in quite a while, so I should probably rehome it. And the roaster oven I typically only use for the Thanksgiving turkey, so I might need to rethink that device as well (it’s totally useful though, I can make the turkey and use the oven for the sides.)
So far, I love the air fryer. The first thing I did was heat up frozen chicken nuggets for the kiddos. Game changer! In the oven they are good, but in the air fryer the outside of the chicken nugget was crispy and delicious. Then I made some pork tenderloin, which also came out perfect. After those, I decided it was time to tackle a real recipe.
Ok, it’s a real recipe, but it’s simple and basic. All this air fryer fried parmesan zucchini requires is two zucchini, two eggs, grated parmesan cheese, almond flour, garlic powder and some Italian seasoning. Oh and I got this avocado oil spray that I am really liking.
You kind of need to make an assembly line for this recipe, with your zucchini, then beaten egg in a bowl, then a bowl of the parmesan coating, then the parchment lined air fryer tray.
Other low carb appetizer recipes you will love–
- Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower
- Hatch Chile Cream Cheese Dip
- Air Fried Keto Thai Chili Cauliflower
- Air Fried Spicy Bacon Bites
- Garlic Pesto Deviled Eggs
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- avocado oil spray or other cooking oil spray
- Slice zucchini into 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch slices.
- Beat egg well in a separate bowl.
- Combine grated parmesan cheese, almond flour, garlic powder and Italian seasoning in another bowl.
- Dip zucchini slice in egg then dip it in the parmesan cheese mixture. Set on parchment lined air fryer tray.
- Repeat until air fryer tray is full. Lightly spray coated zucchini with avocado oil spray.
- Set air fryer to 370F for 8 minutes.
- Remove tray and flip zucchini slices. Spray with avocado oil and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Repeat process with second batch of zucchini.
- Serve warm.
The 5.8 quart air fryer fit about one medium zucchini's worth of zucchini slices at a time.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92 Total Fat: 5.7g Saturated Fat: 2.0g Unsaturated Fat: 1.2g Cholesterol: 37.6mg Sodium: 169.7mg Carbohydrates: 4.9g Fiber: 1.8g Sugar: 1.7g Protein: 6.1g
PIN THIS FOR LATER