These keto bacon, bell pepper and cheddar eggs bites are great for breakfast or a post workout snack. Only one carb per egg bite!
Egg bites are an essential part of my weekly meal prep. They are super easy to make, the macros are on point for a keto way of eating and they taste great.
My favorite coffee chain sells some that is the inspiration for these flavors, but there are two problems with those ones. First they are kind of pricey. Four dollars for two little egg bites is hard to swallow. I mean, the two bites don’t fill you up, so it isn’t lunch. They are so much more reasonable if you make them yourself. Second, the ones at the coffee shop are 11 carbs. Um, that’s more than half my daily allotment of carbohydrates. All that being said, I do appreciate the lowish carb option when I’m out and about and hungry.
Okay, I’ve kind of become a bacon snob. I can’t remember the last time I bought a pre-packed package of bacon, it’s been months. I’ve been buying the thick sliced bacon from the butcher section at my grocer or at Sprouts. Seriously, the price is pretty much the same. I usually pay about $4.99 a pound for really thick bacon. I won’t go back to the packaged stuff.
I know I’ve mentioned this in my other recipes for egg bites, but this silicone muffin sheet has been a game changer. I had an aluminum one before that I ended up throwing away because the egg was so hard to clean out.
Here are some other recipes you will love:
- Keto Cinnamon Streusel Egg Loaf Muffins
- Ham, Cheddar and Herb Egg Bites
- Keto Pumpkin Pie Egg Loaf Muffins
- Bacon and Gruyere Egg Bites
- White Cheddar, Bacon and Bell Pepper Egg Boats
Bacon Bell Pepper and Cheddar Egg Bites
- 5 eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a blender, blend together eggs, cream cheese, butter, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Chop bacon slices and bell pepper into very small pieces.
- Divide bacon, bell pepper and cheese (reserving 1/2 ounce) into muffin cups.
- Pour egg mixture into muffin cups. Use a fork to stir the bacon, peppers and cheese with the egg mixture so they don't settle on the bottom.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of eggs.
- Bake for the last 5 minutes.
- Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 egg bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information provided for recipes is a courtesy to my readers. I do my best to be as accurate as possible, but you should do your own nutrition information calculations. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.