Looking for a low carb lunch idea? Well then stop right here! This bell pepper fajita chicken salad recipe is full of color and flavor and comes in at 7 net carbs per serving. Let’s eat!
This colorful chicken salad is perfect for lunch. I have been on the struggle bus with eating lunch lately. I’m not sure why, but either I get too busy and forget or I snack at the wrong time and then skip lunch and end up eating crap later in the day. Not so good.
I love chicken salad. It’s one of the reasons I started eating low carb. Chicken salad and cheese. Not together though, but maybe with the right cheese. If you’ve read most of my blog posts, I’m huge veggie person. I know many people think veggies have too many carbs. They do have some, and if you are on a zero carb diet or very low carb diet then most veggies are out. But I love veggies, especially bell peppers, and will continue to eat them, and be healthy.
So using the word fajita is a stretch. Fajitas are delicious and hot and come out steaming to your table at the Mexican restaurant. This is chicken salad with fajita seasoning. And I’m totally ok with that. It makes a tasty, low carb lunch.
I always have shredded chicken breast in the fridge. It’s perfect to add to salads on the go. See how I make it HERE.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
Other chicken recipes you will love:
- Chia and Dill Chicken Salad
- Cheesy zucchini chicken casserole
- Cucumber Basil Chicken Salad
- Roasted Chicken and Bacon Jalapeño Poppers
- 2 cup cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fajita seasoning
- 1/2 red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 4 cups spring greens or spinach
- 1 avocado
- Fresh lime
- Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and fajita seasoning together.
- Add shredded chicken and half of diced bell peppers and green onions to sour cream mix, and combine well.
- Top a bed of spring greens with chicken salad.
- Garnish with avocado and remaining diced bell pepper.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over salad and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 517Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 9gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 7gSugar: 4.4gProtein: 23.7g
PIN THIS FOR LATER