Delicious Brussels sprouts with a cheesy sauce and bacon makes a delicious side dish that everyone will love! Plus, this bacon Brussels sprouts au gratin is easy to make!
Roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and a cheesy sauce! I can’t think of anything I’d rather have as a Thanksgiving side dish than this bacon Brussels sprouts au gratin. This side is pretty easy to prepare and is full of flavor!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
I like to prepare the bacon ahead of time and then hide it from family members who take a piece here and there. Making the bacon in the oven seems to make less of a mess of the kitchen. Click here to see my bacon making method. Make sure to reserve some of the bacon grease for roasting the Brussels sprouts.
One of this issues I have had with roasting Brussels sprouts is that the time it takes to roast them is different depending on the size. I think the smaller ones are more tender and have more flavor, plus they don’t take as long to cook.
This recipe is versatile in that you can use any type of cheese that you’d like. My favorite cheesemaker is Tillamook and their Sharp White Cheddar is amazing in this dish, but I suspect it would be great with Mild Cheddar or even Pepper Jack!
Other recipes you will love:
- Keto Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sausage
- Keto White Cheddar Meatballs
- Cheesy Cheddar Cauliflower Rice
- Keto Lupin Flour Biscuits
- 1.5 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve bacon grease)
- 8 ounces Tillamook Sharp White Cheddar, shredded
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Prepare bacon and reserve 4 tablespoons of bacon grease.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half and place in an oven safe dish.
- Toss 4 tablespoons of bacon grease with Brussels sprouts and roast for 20 minutes, until semi-soft.
- While the Brussels sprouts are roasting, grab a large bowl and mix the egg, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, 3/4 of the shredded cheese, onion powder and garlic powder together.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from heat and stir in 3/4 of the bacon crumbles. Pour in the cheese mixture and stir.
- Lower oven temp to 350F.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top and bake for 35 - 40 minutes until cheese is melty and Brussels sprouts are soft.
- Add black pepper to taste.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ZYLISS Classic Rotary Cheese Grater - NSF Restaurant Certified
- Mud Pie Ladle (Set of 4)
- Staub Cast Iron Pumpkin Cocotte, 3.5-quart, White
- McCormick California Style Onion Powder, 2.62 OZ
- McCormick California Style Garlic Powder With Parsley
- Le Creuset Enameled Cast-Iron 2-1/4-Quart Pumpkin Casserole, Flame
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 89mg Sodium: 337mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 13g