Power up your breakfast with these delicious Canadian Bacon and Artichoke Egg Bites with creamy mozzarella cheese.
I’ve made a lot of egg bites in my time. For various reasons. They are easy to make, keep well in the fridge, completely customizable, they can be made to fit your macros pretty easily…I mean what’s not to love?
But this recipe is by far my favorite recipe for egg bites thus far. Canadian bacon and artichoke might be the best combo I’ve ever tasted. Ever ever.
The Canadian bacon is perfectly salty, the artichokes are marinated and flavorful oh and the mozzarella! I used fresh mozzarella and diced the cheese in fairly large chunks, so when you take a bite of the warm egg bites you get a little gooey cheese pull. Amazing!
Hey, for this recipe (or any egg bite recipe) I really recommend getting a silicone muffin tray. I once owned a muffin tin, and despite a liberal greasing, it was such a pain to get the egg off of it that it landed in the trash. What a waste. But these silicone ones are fantastic. The egg bites just slide out, no spraying with cooking spray or greasing with butter. Mine are well used and well loved.
What You Can Add To These Egg Bites
These egg bites are so customizable! If you want to make these more keto friendly, add an egg and remove the egg whites, also you can substitute cream cheese for the cottage cheese.
To add a bit more flavor, add a tablespoon of Dijon mustard into the blender with the eggs. You can also add chopped red onion.
These egg bites will last about five days in the fridge, covered in an airtight container. But I can’t ever keep them around that long!
Other Egg Bite Recipes You Will Love:
- Keto Pumpkin Pie Egg Loaf Muffins
- Bacon and Gruyère Egg Bites
- Bacon, Cheddar and Bell Pepper Egg Bites
- Keto Cinnamon Streusel Egg Loaf Muffins
Canadian Bacon and Artichoke Egg Bites
- 3 slices (2.5 ounces) Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup (2.5ounces) marinated artichoke quarters, chopped
- 3 ounces (1/2 cup) fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup egg whites (2 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare (lightly grease) a 12 cup muffin tin, or use a silicone one.
- Chop and dice Canadian bacon, artichoke hearts and mozzarella cheese and divide evenly into muffin cups.
- In a blender, add eggs, egg whites, cottage cheese and garlic powder and blend until combined.
- Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup, about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle with black pepper if desired.
- Using a spoon, gently stir the ingredients in each cup.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
BelGioioso, Fresh Mozzarella, Ball, 8 oz
Mezzetta Artichoke Hearts, Marinated, 6.5 Ounce
Wellshire Farms, Canadian Style Seasoned Uncured Bacon, 7 oz
McCormick Roasted Garlic Powder, 2.62 oz
Happy Egg Large Brown Grade A Eggs, Free Range Eggs-12ct
Silicone Muffin & Cupcake Baking Pan Set (12 & 24 Mini Cup Sizes)
Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Cage Free Liquid Egg Whites, 32 Fl Oz
Monday 7th of March 2022
Do you have the nutritional information for this recipe?