These low carb chicken avocado cucumber rolls are bite size bursts of flavor and are perfect for an appetizer or for lunch.
Sprouts had an amazing deal on Hass avocados this week. Like two for a dollar. I bought eight. Oops. I tried to get varying degrees of ripeness, but I know that at least one will go bad. I’ve discovered that if I put them in the crisper of the fridge, they last a bit longer.
Anyhow, these little cucumber rolls are my new favorite thing. They are really refreshing and have a great flavor.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
I used an English cucumber and a vegetable peeler, and just used the peeler to get the slices as thick as the peeler would allow. Then set the cucumber slice on a paper towel to soak up all the cucumber juice. The slices from the middle of the cucumber aren’t too useful due to all of the seeds, but they can be saved for a salad. The wider the vegetable peeler the better. THIS ONE on Amazon seems to be pretty wide and work great for cucumber rolls according to the reviews. I’m going to get it.
The avocado was cut into small chunks and it was gently stirred with some chopped fresh basil and a dash of Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. You can mash it like guacamole, if you prefer, but I like the avocado chunky.
The cucumber strips need to be cut in half if they are very long. Place a piece of chicken breast and a small amount of avocado near one end. Roll it up gently.
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
- 1 English Cucumber
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1 large avocado
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumber lengthwise, creating long strips. Place cucumber slices on a paper towel to absorb the fluid.
- Cut avocado into cubes and gently combine with chopped fresh basil and a sprinkle of Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, or garlic salt if you prefer.
- Cut a cucumber strip in half and place a piece of chicken breast and a small amount of avocado mixture at one end. Roll it up.
- Once all cucumber rolls are made, sprinkle with more Everything But the Bagel Seasoning.
- Serve cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 7 pieces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298 Total Fat: 16.5g Saturated Fat: 2.7g Unsaturated Fat: 11.8g Cholesterol: 73mg Sodium: 71.5mg Carbohydrates: 9.8g Fiber: 6.7g Sugar: 0.3g Protein: 28.6g
PIN THIS FOR LATER