This low carb lemon artichoke chicken dish is fresh and creamy and perfect for a spring time meal. With spinach and a hint of lemon, it’s a delicious low carb/high protein dish.
The search for an easy, high protein/low carb dinner recipe continues. I mean, I never stop trying to come up with something new and fresh for myself and my family.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE
This creamy, lemony chicken dish with spinach, artichoke hearts and fresh basil is great because you can make it in one pan. Starting with cooking the chicken in some avocado oil, then adding more ingredients as it cooks limits the amount of dishes you need to wash. Because dirty dishes are a force to be reckoned with in my world. I am using the Always Pan to cook this dish. It’s amazing because it’s so easy to clean and very functional for cooking all types of food.
Once the chicken is halfway cooked in the avocado oil, start adding the minced garlic and fresh basil. Then add in the cream cheese and chicken broth, giving them time to melt, simmer and reduce. Lastly add in the spinach, drained artichoke hearts and at the very end the cheese. This recipe couldn’t be any easier!
What Should I Serve This With?
This lemony spinach chicken and artichoke dish is quite flavorful and is great on top of fluffy cauliflower rice. It also tastes great with zucchini noodles. Sometimes, when I don’t feel like ricing the cauliflower, I just roast cauliflower or broccoli and then add this chicken dish on top. For those that eat carbs, this is really good on quinoa or brown rice. It’s delicious any way you eat it.
- 1 pound chicken breast, diced or sliced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 - 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat avocado oil over medium heat over the stove. Add sliced chicken breast and cook until half way cooked.
- Add in garlic and basil and continue cooking. Stir in chicken broth and cream cheese and let cream cheese melt.
- Stir in fresh spinach and artichoke hearts. Let cook until spinach appears wilted, about 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Let simmer while sauce thickens.
- Stir in Parmesan and let melt.
- Remove from heat and serve with zucchini noodles or riced cauliflower, add salt and pepper to taste.
If the sauce appears too thick after simmering, add 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
If sauce appears too thin, let simmer while liquid reduces. If still too thin, add 2 ounces of cream cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
365 Everyday Value - Chicken Breast Boneless Skinless Organic Trayless Pre Packaged Step 3
Sweese 112.002 Porcelain Salad Pasta Bowls - 22 Ounce - Set of 6, Hot Assorted Colors
365 by Whole Foods Market, Organic Broth, Chicken, 32 Fl Oz
Whole Foods Market, Organic Baby Spinach, 5 oz
Philadelphia Cream Cheese
Reese Quartered Artichoke Hearts, 14 Ounces (Pack of 12)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 419mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g
Nutritional information provided for recipes is a courtesy to my readers. I do my best to be as accurate as possible, but you should do your own nutrition information calculations. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.