This super easy chimichurri sauce is a great, homemade condiment to put on all your low carb and keto foods, especially eggs and meats!
I recently fell in love with chimichurri sauce. It’s super easy to make and very versatile. I love it on eggs, steak, chicken… you name it. I have been trying a ton of different recipes for chimichurri, most of which claim they are traditional recipes from Argentina. Cool, cool. This one is not authentic, but it is delicious.
I also tried some recipes that are non-traditional, and I tried one with roasted garlic ( I love roasted garlic!) Additionally, I have tried white wine vinegar versus red wine vinegar. More salt versus less salt. Overall, I think I have found the right recipe that makes my taste buds happy.
The best thing about chimichurri sauce, other than the flavor explosion, is that it’s made with parsley! If you follow this blog, you know that parsley is practically a superfood and is ridiculously good for you. Read more on parsley HERE.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
This easy chimichurri sauce comes together very quickly if you have a mini food processor or an immersion blender with the food processor attachment. Personally, I have an aversion to my mini food processor because I don’t like cleaning it, so I use my trusty chef’s knife and cutting board and chop away. I enjoy it because I love the smell of the freshly chopped herbs!
This easy chimichurri sauce stores nicely in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just make sure that you bring it back to room temperature before serving. I store the chimichurri sauce in a mason jar with a plastic lid which keeps it wonderfully.
- Finely chop parsley leaves, discarding the thick stems.
- Finely chop oregano and add to parsley.
- Mince garlic cloves and add to parsley with olive oil.
- Stir in vinegar, salt pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Store in glass jar with plastic lid.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
- La Tourangelle, Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 25.4 Fl. Oz.
- Color Plastic Mason Jar Lids - Fits BALL or KERR - 7 Wide Mouth & 7 Regular Mouth
- Ball Wide Mouth Pint 16-Ounce Glass Mason Jar with Lids and Bands, 12-Count
- Redmond Real Salt- Nature's First Sea Salt- Coarse Salt- Grinder Refill Pouch (1 Pack)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:approx 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 107mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g