Add a little heat to your dinner with this green chile and bacon cauliflower rice! Creamy and spicy, this keto side dish is delicious.
Hatch green chiles are pretty much a staple around here. They are flavorful and not too spicy, at least for me. I buy these large jars of 505 Southwestern Green Chiles at Costco, and we go through them pretty quickly. They are great on eggs, chicken, hamburgers, the list goes on and on.
Riced cauliflower has also become a staple in our diets. I was purchasing pre-riced, fresh cauliflower at Costco, but my local store stopped selling it. It’s okay, because it went bad quickly and if I didn’t use it right away there was a distinct yet nasty smell in the fridge. So now I just rice it myself with a cheese grater. It’s a little messy, but it works!
This recipe for green chile and bacon cauliflower rice is a great side dish, but if you add some shredded chicken breast, it’s a meal on it’s own!
I like to save time and a mess by baking my bacon in the oven. I have also used my air fryer to make it, like for these Air Fried Spicy Bacon Bites. I started going to the butcher at my market and getting the double thick peppered bacon, instead of the stuff in the package. It is so yummy and has definitely upped my bacon game!
If you are making this recipe, but have some kids or other people who don’t like the spiciness, just remove some of the cauliflower rice prior to adding the chile at the very end. The recipe tastes great with the thick bacon and cheese, even without the chile!
Here are some other recipes you will love:
- Cheesy Cheddar Cauliflower Rice
- Low Carb Air Fried Buffalo Cauliflower
- Low Carb Cauliflower Cheeseburger Egg Bake
- Keto Air Fried Thai Chili Cauliflower Bites
- Garlic Cheese Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 4 strips thick bacon
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup green chile
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- While bacon is cooking, rice the cauliflower either with a box grater or food processor (or use pre-riced cauliflower.)
- In a large pan, heat bacon grease and stir in cauliflower over medium heat. Let cook for approximately 5 minutes, giving cauliflower a chance to soften.
- Stir in cream cheese and let melt.
- Stir in bacon crumbles and green chiles.
- Once the cauliflower mixture is throughly heated, sprinkle white cheddar on top.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
Nutritional information provided for recipes is a courtesy to my readers. I do my best to be as accurate as possible, but you should do your own nutrition information calculations. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.