Level up your basic egg breakfast and make it elegant with this recipe for herbed white cheddar scrambled eggs.
I’m pretty serious about my scrambled eggs. It’s the one food that I can eat every single day and not get sick of. Yeah, it’s a little weird, but then again, so am I!
I still do intermittent fasting in addition to eating low carb. For me, breakfast typically happens around 11 am or noon, after my workout. I really try to listen to my body and have my first meal when I feel the hunger pangs, not just because “it’s time.” The balance of fats and proteins in my scrambled eggs keeps me full for quite a while, I think that’s why I love them so much.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
When I can, I try to purchase fresh eggs at the local farmer’s market. Sometimes they sell out before I get there, which is always a disappointment. I have thought about getting chickens, but I’m not ready to commit to more animals. The eggs I like at the grocery store are either Happy Egg Co or Vital Farms. Those brands typically have very vibrant yolks and great flavor.
This herb mixture is called Sunny Paris and I ordered it from Penzey’s Spices. It is so good. I have made a dip out of it and have added it to my chicken salad as well. But I absolutely adore it in my scrambled eggs. The spices in the blend are shallots, chives, green peppercorn, dill weed, basil, tarragon, chervil and bay leaf, and there just seems to be something magical about it. There is no salt in it, so I used salted butter and there is a good flavor from the white cheddar, so you don’t need to add any additional salt to the eggs.
The method for these herbed white cheddar scrambled eggs is just slightly different from my Perfect Scrambled Eggs. I use less butter and I cook the eggs at a slightly lower temp. My stove uses numbers on the dial, and for my basic scrambled eggs I cook them at a 6.5, for the herbed scrambled eggs I cook them at 5. The lower temp gives the dried herbs time to do their magic, and it’s worth the extra couple minutes at the stove!
- Let eggs come to room temperature. Put eggs, butter and herbs in non-stick pan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly while scraping the sides with a rubber scraper.
- Remove eggs from heat right before they get to your desired level of doneness.
- Stir in grated white cheddar while eggs are hot and devour.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Tillamook, Vintage White Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, 8 oz
- VITAL FARMS Large Grade A Eggs, 12 CT
- Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter, Salted, 8 oz
- Sunny Paris Seasoning By Penzeys Spices .6 oz 1/2 cup jar
- OXO Good Grips Box Grater,Silver,1EA
- Tovolo All Silicone Tool Set, Charcoal - Set of 4
- GreenPan Rio Healthy Ceramic Nonstick, Frypan Set, 8" and 10", Black
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 41gSodium: 535mgCarbohydrates: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 28g