These Keto Cinnamon Streusel Egg Loaf Muffins taste just like French toast! They are delicious, perfectly portioned and can be made ahead of time. This simple recipe is so good, no one will know it’s keto!
I’ve been struggling to find a low carb breakfast that is a little sweet, easy to make and is perfect for brunch as well. These keto cinnamon streusel egg loaf muffins are just that. They are going to be on the Christmas breakfast table, as a low carb alternative to our usual French Toast Muffins.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. ADDITIONALLY, THIS BLOG WAS PROVIDED WITH FREE PRODUCT IN EXCHANGE FOR A POST. ALL OPINIONS ARE THAT OF THIS BLOG. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
I was provided with this Steviva Blend sweetener, and I am really enjoying it. It is a blend of stevia and erythritol and is easy to use. Steviva Blend is twice as sweet as traditional sugar, so if you are using it as a sugar replacement, you would need half as much.
This recipe is super easy. I found that the quickest method is to put the room temperature ingredients into the blender and blend for a minute. I did make them with a hand mixer the first time, which required a bit more mixing time, but it still worked as well. It’s important that all three ingredients are room temperature so that they combine evenly.
I just bought this silicone muffin pan off of Amazon, and I love it. The last muffin tin I owned ended up i the trash after making egg muffins that stuck. It wasn’t worth it to me to scrub for ever. Plus, I’m kind of leery of aluminum, so I’m trying an alternative.
So the second time I made these keto cinnamon streusel egg loaf muffins, I added the streusel prior to baking. Like I thought it would, the cinnamon streusel sank into the egg, which was fine and still tasty, but didn’t give off the look I was going for. That is why the recipe says to add the streusel half way through baking.
When you pull the egg loaf muffins out of the oven, they will appear all big and puffed out of the muffin cup. Don’t worry, they will sink back down as they cool!
You’ll also love these Keto Pumpkin Pie Egg Loaf Muffins!
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Steviva Blends Granulated*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Steviva Blends
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- avocado oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a blender, combine eggs, cream cheese, butter, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 2 tablespoons Stevia sweetener and the vanilla extract. Blended until well combined and slightly foamy, about one minute.
- Grease your muffin cups with the avocado oil spray and pour the egg combo evenly into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes. While the egg loaf muffins are baking, prepare the streusel.
- In a bowl, add the almond flour, cinnamon, Stevia sweetener, 2 tablespoon chilled butter and pecans. Using your fingertips, combine the ingredients until well mixed but crumbly.
- After the egg loaf muffins have baked for 10 minutes, top them with the cinnamon streusel. Bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool. They will appear puffy at first, but will sink back down as they cool.
*Steviva sweetener is twice as sweet as traditional sugar. So when using it in a recipe, reduce the amount by half.
Nutritional information provided for recipes is a courtesy to my readers. I do my best to be as accurate as possible, but you should do your own nutrition information calculations. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.
The erythritol from the sweetener was not calculated into the carb count.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 14.8gSaturated Fat: 6.3gUnsaturated Fat: 5.3gCholesterol: 87.9mgSodium: 52.5mgCarbohydrates: 2.2gFiber: .9gSugar: .7gProtein: 4.1g