Keto coconut chips, yes please! These sugar free lightly sweetened toasted coconut chips are the perfect keto snack. Low carb coconut flakes, sweetened and toasted for a crispy, crunchy snack.
You know those bags of toasted coconut chips that you see at some specialty food stores? I always feel disappointed because of the amount of sugar, even though the packages say lightly sweetened.
I found these wide coconut flakes at Sprouts yesterday and decided I’d try to make some. This recipe is ridiculously easy, and takes just a couple of minutes to make, from start to finish.
In this recipe I use KetoseSweet+ Liquid as the sweetener, which I like because it’s made with allulose. Allulose tastes as close to real sugar as I’ve seen yet, since it’s a naturally occurring rare sugar that isn’t rapidly digested and absorbed. I used a product with allulose in the Air Fried Keto Thai Chili Cauliflower Bites and loved that as well.
The nutrition labels on products with allulose is a bit confusing, since the FDA requires allulose to be listed as an added sugar, and it is counted in the carb count. But allulose can be subtracted from the total carbs, kind of like fiber is!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Lightly spray baking mat/parchment with avocado oil, this is optional.
- In a bowl, add coconut and sweetener and stir well.
- Spread out on baking sheet. Place in oven for two minutes.
- After two minutes, coconut should appear slightly toasted. Stir coconut to toast other side.
- Toast for an additional two minutes, watching closely that the coconut doesn't burn.
- Remove from heat and let cool!
- Store in an airtight container.
Carb count: 11 Total Carbs - 5 grams fiber - 4 grams allulose = 2 Net Carbs
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 19gCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g