Roasted Brussels sprouts and sausage is a great keto side dish or meal. It is easy to make on a sheet pan and great for a weeknight dinner.
Never in my life did I think I would be worried about eating too many Brussels sprouts! But when I made this sheet pan meal, I think I could have eaten all the roasted Brussels sprouts and gone over my carb macros for the day. Luckily, this recipe for Roasted Brussels sprouts and sausage only has 2 net carbs per serving. Just don’t eat a pound of the Brussels sprouts (I won’t tell if you do!)
This recipe could be either a side dish or a meal, it’s that versatile! The pork sausage is super flavorful, and if you like heat you can use the spicy kind. Fennel seed is one of my favorite spices, and I definitely don’t use it enough.
Of course I topped the whole dish with freshly chopped parsley after roasting. You can use whichever herb you like. Sage would probably be pretty tasty.
Parsley is really good for you. Read about it here and try this Cauliflower Rice, Parsley and Feta Salad recipe!
Other low carb and keto recipes you will love:
- Brussels Sprouts, Avocado and Bacon Salad with Creamy Dill Dressing
- Cheesy Cheddar Cauliflower Rice
- Green Chile and Bacon Cauliflower Rice
- Cheesy Zucchini Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Trim bottoms off of Brussels sprouts and cut in half. Disperse on high-rimmed baking sheet.
- In a separate bowl, combine pork sausage, fennel seed and sea salt.
- Drop clumps of sausage through out baking sheet.
- Place in oven and stir every 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat once the sausage is browned and Brussels sprouts are roasted and slightly crisp on the outside.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup (approx)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 49mg Sodium: 600mg Carbohydrates: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 11g