With the delicious taste of Belgian cookies, this low carb hot chocolate recipe is amazing and perfect for a cold winter day!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
I was starting to get a little sad that I wasn’t having any of the fun, albeit sugar laden drinks at the coffee shop. I was tempted to indulge, then I realized that it wasn’t worth it, since I know can make it better, and low carb, at home.
I made whipped cream ahead of time, and instead of using sweetener, I added the SF Belgian Cookie Torani Syrup to it for flavor and sweetness. It’s so good!
Lily’s Baking Chips are my go-to chocolate, since they are sugar free. You could totally use your choice of low sugar dark chocolate. Additionally, I heated up the chocolate using a double boiler, since I’m afraid of burning the chocolate. I know people have success using a microwave, but I don’t have a microwave (I’m one of those people!) so I have no suggestions there.
Pour the Low Carb Hot Chocolate in to your favorite winter mug and enjoy!
You will also love-
- 1/4 cup Lily's Baking Chips
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar Free Belgian Cookie Torani Syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Sugar Free Belgian Cookie Torani Syrup
- Place chocolate chips, almond milk and 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream in a bowl or a double boiler over boiling water. Let chocolate melt before stirring with wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, whip up remaining 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream. Once whipped, add a tablespoon of Sugar Free Belgian Cookie Torani Syrup, whip it in.
- Once hot chocolate is heated and the chocolate is melted, stir in 1 tablespoon of Belgian Cookie Syrup.
- Pour into cup. Serve with dollop of SF Belgian Cookie Whipped Cream.
Nutritional information provided for recipes is a courtesy to my readers. I do my best to be as accurate as possible, but you should do your own nutrition information calculations. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.
The erythritol from the chocolate chips and sweetener was not calculated into the carb count.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380 Unsaturated Fat: 39g Carbohydrates: 9.2g Fiber: 4.8g Sugar: 2.6g Protein: 3.6g