This low carb creamy leek and chicken recipe is so tasty, it’s bound to be a hit with the entire family!
This is my new favorite chicken dish. There is something about the leeks that add so much flavor, along with the garlic, chicken broth and white cheddar. The cream cheese makes this so creamy. Honestly, this dish is being added to our weekly dinner rotation. It’s that good.
I hadn’t done too much cooking with leeks until recently, but I had an overwhelming craving recently for some cauliflower leek soup. Having never made it before, I tried a recipe and it was okay, not great. After that I decided to wait on more leek recipes.
But, over the past few weeks I have been getting a local farmer’s market produce box and it has included leeks. Yay! If you aren’t familiar with leeks then it’s time to try them. The white and light green parts are tender and flavorful. The darker green leafy parts are edible too, but you have to cook them a bit longer because they are tough. I usually just discard them.
Because of how leeks grow, they are a bit dirty inside. I like to slice them up and put them in a bowl of water. Then I separate the rings and the dirt falls out in the water. Give them a quick rinse and they are ready to go.
When you make this low carb creamy leek and chicken recipe, you might want to make some cauliflower rice to put it on. Or if you have any low carb noodles that you like, it would be tasty on that too!
Other low carb and keto recipes you will love:
- Keto Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
- Air Fried Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
- Cucumber Basil Chicken Salad
- Cauliflower Cheeseburger Egg Bake
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
- black pepper to taste
- In a large pan, heat up olive oil and garlic over medium heat and cook until garlic starts to appear clear.
- Cut each chicken breast in to six pieces and cook in garlic and olive oil.
- While chicken is cooking, chop up the leeks, wash throughly and separate the rings.
- Once chicken is cooked, add chicken broth and leeks to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add pepper.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Place leek and chicken mixture into to oven proof dish. Top with white cheddar and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 306mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g
Nutritional information provided for recipes is a courtesy to my readers. I do my best to be as accurate as possible, but you should do your own nutrition information calculations. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.