The flavor combination in this mashed cauliflower and ham casserole is fantastic with green beans and makes a great brunch entrée or a delicious dinner!
This low carb and keto mashed cauliflower casserole is easy to make and has a ton of flavor thanks to ham from Clifty Farms. The addition of lightly steamed green beans and a bit of white cheddar cheese make this dish amazing!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE. PRODUCT FOR THIS POST HAS BEEN PROVIDED BY CLIFTY FARM COUNTRY MEATS.
Check out Clifty Farm for more meat recipes and ideas and on Instagram and Facebook. Click here for a coupon to use at your local store!
The best way to make the mashed cauliflower is to lightly steam the cauliflower, so that it’s easily pierced with a fork, but not falling apart. Once steamed, let it cool for a few minutes, then use a flour sack towel and wring the liquid out of the cauliflower. You will be surprised at how much liquid comes out of the cauliflower!
This mashed cauliflower and ham casserole makes a really delicious brunch item. Top it with a poached egg and it’s a filling keto breakfast!
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE
- Cheesy Cheddar Cauliflower Rice
- Brussels Sprouts au Gratin with Bacon
- Keto Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sausage
- Keto White Cheddar Meatballs
- 1 medium head cauliflower, removed from leaves and stalk (approx 20 ounces)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 lb fresh green beans, ends trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 ounces ham, diced (Clifty Farm Country Meats Country Ham Biscuit Portions)
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pepper to taste
- Cut up cauliflower and steam until easily pierced with a fork. Remove cauliflower from pot and place green beans in steamer to soften.
- Mash cauliflower using a mashing tool or a hand mixer. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Using cheesecloth or a clean dish towel, wring liquid out of cauliflower. You will get a lot of liquid out.
- Stir in cream cheese, garlic and onion powder to cauliflower and combine well.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Add green beans, diced ham and 1/4 cup of white cheddar cheese to cauliflower and transfer to an appropriate sized casserole dish. Top with remaining cheddar.
- Bake for 30 minutes until warmed through and slightly brown on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining white cheddar and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 343mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g